Studio Rules regarding COVID-19 Health & Safety / Infection Control Policy
All Sacred Tattoo Parlour
Studio Rules regarding COVID-19 Health & Safety / Infection Control Policy
For most countries around the world, the COVID-19 pandemic has forced the closure of body art facilities (including tattooing, body piercing and laser treatments). As the UK seek to reopen their economies and ease measures like forced business closings and social distancing, all sacred tattoo parlour has sought to give accurate, appropriate, and achievable guidelines for all our artist / customers to follow to decrease the spread of COVID-19 and lower the impact in our studio. We continue to follow local council, national guidelines regarding health and safety / infection control on our premises and will update procedures when necessary.
All sacred tattoo parlour will now be a closed / Private studio until further notice. This means that all appointments, which include having your tattoo done, Consultations, paying for deposits / gift vouchers, Body piercings or laser treatments must have an appointment before you arrive at our studio. Studio appointments can be made by telephone, social media or email. If you do not have an appointment, you will not be allowed on the premises. All appointments you must attend on your own. Do not bring friends or family with you as they will not be allowed into the studio.
Please arrive to your appointment as close to the start time as possible. Please do not arrive early for your appointment as it is the only way to control people traffic in the studio and provide adequate cleaning time between clients. If you are running late to your appointment, please call us on 01353 860552.
All customers who step foot into our studio will be asked to fill in a COVID-19 Track and Trace Form. This is so we can monitor who has been in our studio and if a customer does develop symptoms of COVID-19 we will contact you to inform you to self-isolate for 14 days.
If you are showing signs of COVID-19 (High temperature, Continuous cough, loss or change of smell or taste) 21 days before / after your appointment you must contact the studio immediately. If you have contracted the virus before your visit, we will rearrange your appointment. If you show signs of COVID-19 within 21 days of your visit, you must contact us immediately so our studio can self-isolate and contact other customers who maybe at risk. We will ask you if you have had a NHS approved test and should the results show positive / Negative we will ask you to supply us with evidence (results are sent by text / email). All UK residents are now entitled to a test. These tests are free, and the results usually come back within 48 hours. The nearest test station for residents who live in the local area is in ELY. You can book a test through the NHS website www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test . Failure to inform us will result in refusal of service for up to 12 months. Any future pre booked appointments you may have will be cancelled and your deposit lost.
If a member of staff is showing signs or one of their family members are showing signs of COVID-19 they will self-isolate and get an NHS test ASAP. Unfortunately, if an artist does have to self-isolate all future appointments will be postponed till, they are given all clear. This is no fault of the artist. This is for your safety and the artist safety to prevent the spread of this virus. Appointments will be rescheduled for a future date or a gift voucher refund will be issued to be used within 12 months.
Visiting Our Studio
For your safety and to maintain social distancing we have now studio rules in place that all staff / Customers must follow. If you do not follow our studio rules you will be asked to leave the premises and you will loose your deposit.
- As soon as you enter the building you will be asked to fill in our studio COVID-19 Track and Trace form. Please do not sit down in the waiting area till this form has been completed by a member of staff. A member of staff will take your temperature by the use of a non-contact infrared thermometer and write it down on the form. We will be using a temperature traffic light system. If your temperature shows green it means your safe to come in and showing no signs of having a high temperature. Orange means its slightly higher than usual. We will ask to retake your temperature 10 minutes later (in case wearing a coat/ warm clothes effect this). If your temperature shows red, you will be asked to leave the studio immediately and ask to call us to talk about rearranging your appointment. Red indicates having a high temperature and can be a sign of COVID-19. If your temperature is green you will be shown the nearest hand washing facility and asked to wash your hands. You will be required to wear a face mask at all times while in our studio. We will provide all PPE for customers including face masks while in our studio. Due to increase costs from suppliers to cover PPE and additional cleaning products we do require an additional £5 surcharge to cover costs. Payment is required at the time you arrive (please bring correct money as we don’t always have change in the studio) or you can pay through our website in advance by paypal. If you refuse to wear a face mask or have your temperature taken, we will refuse service and any deposit for your appointment will be lost. If you see a customer near the entrance having these checks done, please wait outside till we call you in.
- All customers who are having treatments must fill in a consent form and hand to reception. If your appointment has been given a set price you will be asked to pay before the appointment starts. Please make sure you bring payment with you to the appointment by cash only.
- Social distancing at the reception desk/ seating area is a must and markings will be set out for your safety through out the whole studio (2-meter distance)
- Through out the day you must regularly wash your hands and maybe asked to take your temperature again.
- All personal belongings must be kept with you at all times. Please do not leave them in the seating area.
- Breaks / lunch time will be spread out with all artists/ customers. Breaks must not be taking with another customer / artist. Food must be eaten in the seating area and rubbish disposed of in the domestic bin located in the area. Toilet area will also be marked out for social distancing
- If you are a smoker, we ask you smoke in the smoking area which is located at the rear of the premises and not at the front of the shop.
- All members of staff will have on Full PPE (personal protective equipment) at all times. These include face masks / shields, gloves and apron. The studio owner Cindy Muhidin will also keep a staff log of all staffs daily temperatures when they arrive in the studio.
- Deep clean off the studio will be done every day before the studio opens. All common surfaces such as door handles, reception area etc will be cleaned frequently throughout the day and will be logged what time / date.
- After every appointment your artist will deep clean their station which includes the use of distel high level medical surface disinfectant, empty clinical / domestic bins in their area. Dispose of all customers / artist PPE in our clinical waste (yellow Bags).
- New PPE will be worn for every new customer.
Treatments on the premises
Risk assessments have now been carried out on the following treatments
- Body Piercing
- Laser Treatments.
All members of staff have had the assessments done to ensure these can be carried out safely. Our conclusion is that these can all take place on the premises while wearing the correct PPE for the right Treatment. Unfortunately, until further notice we will not be offering body piercings for under 16 years old. This is due to parental consent for under age children needing a responsible adult with them. As stated in our policy customers must attend appointments on their own which is impossible for an under age child needing a responsible adult with them. Risk assessment procedures will be kept on file in the studio and can be seen by members of the public if requested in the studio. Risk assessments will be carried out / monitored on a daily basis by studio owner Cindy Muhidin. These guidelines are set by HSE.
Our normal cancellation policy remains in place as stated on our website www.allsacredtattooparlour.com . Deposits are non-refundable! If you can’t make an appointment, we require at least 72 hour’s notice by phone or by email or you will lose the deposit. If you don’t show up, you lose the deposit. If you cancel in advance you don’t lose the deposit. We will roll the deposit to your new appointment time. We value our time and yours, please give us as much notice as possible when cancelling. If you are showing signs of COVID-19 on the day of your appointment we would ask for you to book in for an NHS approved test to see if you have got it. If you send us a screen shot of your test results you will not lose your deposit, but it will be moved to a new appointment. If you are showing signs we ask that you call the studio immediately and then confirm in writing to our Facebook page or Gmail email@example.com. To book in for a NHS approved please go to the NHS website www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test
If an artist is showing symptoms or our studio has to self-isolate, we will contact you ASAP to inform you. If an artist is showing signs of COVID-19 they will also get an NHS approve test at a local test centre,
If the UK government puts us on Lock down, your deposit will remain safe and, on our system, till we can reopen. We will put an announcement on our social media / website to inform customers of what is going on and do regular updates.
All of these procedures have been implemented for your safety and the staff at All Sacred Tattoo Parlour. We will continue to take advise from the government, NHS and local authorities regarding safe practice and will amend our policies if necessary.
Thank you for your understanding.
All Sacred Tattoo Family